Thursday, May 27, 2010

True Blue

I've always been a fan of Madonna, but recently I've been digging deeper into her music and I must say that now I am a Madonna mega-fan. I've listened to all her albums and seen all her videos, after buying the Celebration Video Collection, and of all eleven of her studio albums I must say I like True Blue the best. However, some songs stand way superior to any on True Blue, such as "Like A Virgin" and "Like A Prayer". The album as a whole though is the best.


Five singles were released from True Blue: "Live To Tell", "Papa Don't Preach", "True Blue", "Open Your Heart", "La Isla Bonita". All singles were a chart success. The first two and "Open Your Heart" were #1 hits. The other two were Top 5 hits. My personal favorite is "Papa Don't Preach". I love it for its great instrumental entrance as well as its darker tone, message, and music video. The song gathered lots of controversy over its teen pregnancy theme. Nonetheless, it became one Madonna's most successful singles and secured her a position as one of the greatest artists of the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment